Choosing the right air conditioner can be very tricky and not as easy as it seems to be. There are so many factors to weigh in and price is just one of the many factors you should weigh about. The price of air conditioners has seen a sharp increase in the past few years while the durability/quality has seen a standard decline
Some of the factors you need to look into , while choosing a A/C
- Type : Split A/C or a Window A/c ( Depending on the location of the room and purpose , you could choose either among the two). Window A/C has relatively lesser cooling than a Split A/C but far cheaper and more long lasting than a Split.
- Capacity : The most important factor is to choose a AC that can serve the entire square footage of the room/hall ( be it a 1 Ton or a 1.5 Ton A/C)
- Condenser : A copper condenser based A/C , has relatively higher cooling than a silver one. So watch out for this one as well.
- Star Rating : Get to choose between a 3 star and a 5 Star AC(for 4-5K extra) to improve the energy quotient of your AC
- Brand : The most important factor is the brand you need to choose to make it a worthwhile purchase
My intensive research to buy an A/C for myself is also the reason why I felt the need to blog about it and give an unbiased, original opinion from my side.
Top 5 AC Brands India
Having used almost 5-6 brands till date in different capacities and types, I have prioritized a list of A/C’s that may be worth considering (in no specific order nor preference)
The most expensive of the lot , Hitachi seems to be the top of the mind on everyone’s mind when it comes to premium air conditioners. With very effective cooling technologies, and having owned a split & a window AC from Hitachi, I could definitely give a thumbs up for Hitachi. However mind that it’s 4-5 K costlier than other brands and their customer service rating has taken a beating off-late.
Voltas was the first air conditioner I have ever bought and it has really sustained me even in tough summers. An Indian brand out of the lot, they have improved dramatically on features, still managed to keep it at a low price and improved on their customer service as well.
Do check out here and compare the lowest price of Voltas AC.
A silent underdog in the Air conditioner market, this is a great recommendation for someone who wants a reliable brand with very good cooling and at a reasonable price. I currently use Samsung in my second room and the cooling sometimes is far better than even Hitachi. So definitely highly recommended from my side
The guy who actually invented an air conditioner is called Carrier, and managed to create a great brand out of it. Carrier is one of those “silent” A/C’s which can be sometimes slightly expensive but at the same time , gives a good run for its money. If you are not in the mood for a Hitachi , this could definitely be a great choice.
BlueStar seems to have a positive rating when it comes to air conditioners but seem to find a lot of tough competition in the consumer market. However they perform excellently when it comes to corporate sales . They generally have a high durability tag attached them and definitely in my top 5 AC brands in India.
What’s your favourite brand of Air Conditioners? Do comment your options and reasons for the same.
Do check out my post on Top laptops under 60,000 Rs