I still remember my fascination when I saw a computer at my primary school, trying my hand in MS Paint Application for the first time. The feel of the mouse, the colour monitor captivated me in a never before way.
Years down the line, I went on to buy myself a personal “Assembled” computer for a pricey sum of 40,000.Rs. It had a configuration of Intel Pentium Processor III, 256 MB RAM, Windows 98 Operating System and I was super content playing Brian Lara Cricket, Quake and Mortal Combat almost everyday
Eventually when it started to hang and stop working I upgraded to a better PC which was now running Windows XP, a revolutionary Operating System by Microsoft at that point of time which made browsing and the whole PC experience far easier. My needs were again limited to small PC games, playing videos using a VCD, basic mail checking and downloading songs (of < 4MB size) restricted by a dial up connection, that got disconnected every time a call came in the landline. The computer was reliable, responsive and almost gave me a trouble free experience.
Years down the line, I bought my first laptop for my higher education and that was the pinnacle of technology as what I saw it. A PC that I could carry around everywhere I went ( though marginally heavy) and aided me immensely in my needs that now included case study presentations, preparing complex financial worksheets using MS excel ,and also some action games that demanded higher processing speeds and memory
After another decade now I finally decided to change/upgrade both my desktop PC at home and my laptop. Hence began scouring the e-commerce sites for both laptops. It was then I discovered two amazing new launches from the pioneers , Asus
It was the ASUS EeeBook X205TA and ASUSAll In One PC ET2040
Listed below are some of the key reasons why I shortlisted and decided on the above 2 products
The Asus EeeBook exceeds all my requirements for a laptop at an incredible price that can be matched by no other brands. Additionally some of the features that attracted me are :
- Extremely sleek and weighs just < 1KG which makes it super easy for carrying on the go
- Incredible price of 14,999 which is basically 30-40% cheaper than a decent smartphone, if not other branded laptops. I can probably say for sure that this is the least expensive laptop in the country)
- It comes with a 2 cell battery that provide up to 12 hours of battery time (that’s roughly 5 times the battery time of any laptop which is thrice the cost of this)
- 500GB of web storage, 1 year subscription to Microsoft Office 365 along with 1 TB of online cloud storage.
- 1.33 GHz Intel Atom Quad Core Processor and 2 GB Ram that should easily handle and multitask several applications at once
- 32GB internal storage with a Micro SD card slot that can extend up to 128 GB for saving personal files and multimedia
Possessing an Asus Zenfone 5 for the past 6 months, I am more than convinced that their laptops too will be equally competitive and superior to any other brand in the market, and hence leaves with me a definite choice of going for this laptop
For my home desktop use, I laid my eyes on the ASUS All In One PC ET2040 and I must admit this is the single most piece of technology that can revolutionize the PC market and also the way we use desktops at home.
Eliminating the huge bulky cabinets with those processors, CD/Floppy drives and other ports, Desktops have come a long way, to be launched and renamed as an All in One PC
In this category, Asus seems to have outdone its competition in launching this amazing piece of machinery
- Costing just Rs.26,000 (Far cheaper than any of its competitors in this category) ,the ASUS All In One PC ET2040 definitely warrants a look and specifications that make it look like a 50K gadget and also has a very sleek ,space saving design
- It comes with a Intel Pentium Quad Core J2900 Processor, 2.41 GHz with Turbo Boost that should play almost any 3D game smoothly without the slightest lag and handle several applications at once
- Comes with a 19.5 Inch HD LED back lit Display, making movie watching experience an incredible one
- Built-in backup power up to 1 hour, that lets you save any file in case of any power outages. This is a very smart feature and incredibly useful that is not found in almost any other system till date. Even an expensive UPS for a desktop would ideally give power for only 20-3 minutes. But this 1 hour backup system in the Asus all in one PC totally makes the UPS redundant saving a lot of money in the process
- Has a 500 GB hard drive that can store nearly 500 videos easily and a plethora of work files, games and other multimedia files. One thing that’s for sure is you’ll never run out of space to save your precious files
- Innovative gesture control for controlling multimedia players or browsing the internet. You can play songs, videos, adjust player settings, scroll and zoom through photos all by waving a hand or by using your fist without touching the mouse or the keyboard
- 3 USB 3.0 ports and 3 USB 2.0 Ports with an HDMI port makes it a seamless connectivity to other external storage or output devices
Hands down this is the best all in one device that I can think of, to purchase for my home