This power packed premium smartphone from LG could be a major deal breaker for someone who are looking for a high end Android phone, that can basically “do everything” and is actually the real deal. Purely based on the spec sheet, it’s clearly evident that there’s been no compromise in any front and probably achieved what they set out to begin with.
Here’s a short analysis based on the phone’s specs :
One of the primary things that stands out when it comes to this phone is the camera. A wide angle lens camera with a 16MP dual primary camera and 5MP front camera definitely helps you get an amazing wide angle HD shot .
The first primary rear camera takes care of the closer picture (within 75 deg) while the second rear camera captures all the other surrounding details in high detail in a wide angle. The same applies to the front camera as well which helps take a wide angle shot.
Frankly, this has always been my requirement in a smartphone, especially while taking selfies. You really need to stretch your hand pretty high in the air to take that good selfie which can cover all the people in a picture instead of cutting their head and neck off and the LGV20 takes care of the wide angle details neatly.
The AutoFocus (both Laser detection and Phase detection) helps you identify the right contrast , face detection even in low light scenarios. In short, you can probably put off your purchase of a DSLR just yet.The above also helps in non-shaky static pictures even if your hand seems to tremble a bit while clicking.
LG has collaborated with Bang & Olufsen to provide a premium music experience in the LG V20. The phone comes with a B&O speakers as well as a Bang&Olufsen Play earphones for a rich audio experience.
So how do they bring a rich audio experience inside the phone? : By a concept called Quad DAC.
What are DAC’s ?
DAC stands for Digital Analog converter. A digital mp3 file stored in your phone or even streamed from an online site has to be converted to an analog version for it to be sent an audio output, namely the earphones. So while the digital to analog conversion takes place, there’s a high possibility of distortion, noise, loss of bits that can happen significantly impacting the audio clarity.
The below images of the Digital to Analog converter could well explain how multiple DAC’s used can improve the audio clarity multifold, as it tries to reduce the noise in conversion to a large extent
The LG V20 uses multiple sub DAC’s for conversion (Hence the Quad DAC) and therefore takes care of that problem by conversion with almost insignificant noise and warrants crystal clear clarity in your music
- First smart phone that came preloaded with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box
- A steady record feature for HD Video recording
- A Durable Solid metal design with a military standard testing on drop tests
- 5.7-inch Quad HD IPS multi-touch capacitive dual screen with 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution (Say Goodbye to those 1366 HD Ready and 1920 HD resolution phones you had been using all alone)
- 3200mAH lithium-ion battery providing talk-time of 14 hours and standby time of 136 hours
- 4 GB RAM with Vulcan API to power up those cells for high intensity gaming
- 64GB internal memory expandable up to 2TB ( never seen any phone coming close to offering that amount of expandable memory)